16 Aug 2013

Band of the moment: Haim

Haim (pronounced to rhyme with time) are a band from California who I am in love with. From reading NME and watching Glastonbury I had heard their name around recently but hadn't properly listened to them and I started to the other week and they're fantastic. Normally compared to Fleetwood Mac, I guess you could call them folk but they're heavier than that. The band is made up of three sisters, Este, Danielle and Alana Haim. Danielle actually worked with Julian Casablancas (lead singer of The Strokes) on his solo album, Phrazes for the Young. You can see her in his music video for 11th Dimension (another great song).
               For a while I had kind of gone off music, not all together obviously I was still listening to it, I just never knew really what to listen to and I couldn't really get into anything in particular and listening to Haim has really gotten me back into it! I think it was the lack of a new band to like that meant I wasn't excited about music because I had listened to all of the stuff I had too much already. Haim have really gotten me excited about music again which is awesome. I find that for me to completely love a band I need to like them as well as their music and Haim just seem so great, in all of their interviews they seem so fun and I do think it's lovely to see some great female musicians in indie music not just as solo pop artists like Rihanna or anything like that. The video is them performing 'Go Slow' acoustically. It's not my favourite song of theirs but I think it's a great video to show their personalities as well.
Hope you enjoy!
Em
x

No comments:

Post a Comment